Which elements use "clip" ? .....SVG 1.0 CR may have problem?

From: Robert DiBlasi <r_diblasi@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:59:58 -0000
To: svg-comments@w3.org, www-svg@w3.org
W3C Editor and mailling list

I believe there is a conflict between the stated use of the property "clip"
In section 6.1 SVG's styling properties and Appendix L: Property Index use
of "clip"

6.1 SVG's styling properties
www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20001102/styling.html#SVGStylingProperties

Appendix L: Property Index
www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20001102/propidx.html
In 6.1 SVG's styling properties
there is a list of properties that are shared betweet CSS2 and SVG

Font properties:
Text properties:
Other properties for visual media:

within "other properties for visual media" there is a property "clip"

clip states:
'clip' (Only applicable to outermost 'svg')

In Appendix L: Property Index
Clip states:
elements which establish a new viewport

As far as I understand ....the elements that establish a new viewport are:
svg
symbol
image
marker
pattern
foreignObject

So........What elements can "clip" propoperty be used on?

I think a change might be called for in the SVG 1.0 moving to next stage.
I hopful have just missed something :-)

We all learn sharing what we know
Robert A. DiBlasi