RE: [svg-developers] Line Width

From: Arnold, Curt <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:58:58 -0700
To: "'svg-developers@egroups.com'" <svg-developers@egroups.com>
Cc: "'www-svg@w3.org'" <www-svg@w3.org>
I definitely agree there has to be a better solution that what is in the current draft and the previous draft had it's own problems.

Jon and I had a thread both here and on the W3C SVG comments list:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2000Dec/0033.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2000Dec/0035.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2001Jan/0003.html

My suggestion was that the conversion factors between CSS and user units be established by the viewport and updated when the viewBox is modified.  The conversion of CSS to user units would be
unaffected by transforms.

That would allow selective scaling (blow graphics up by 2x but keep text same size) to be done through viewBox manipulation and non-selective scaling to be done through transform manipulation.

Steve, I would appreciate your reviewing the previous messages and seeing if my suggestion would address your issues.