Re: SVG & XPointer - When I write SVG code can I be sued?

From: Daniel Veillard <Daniel.Veillard@imag.fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:35:52 +0100
To: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com
Cc: svg-developers@egroups.com, www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org, www-svg@w3.org, XLink@egroups.com, Jferraio@adobe.com, Steven_DeRose@brown.edu, chris@w3.org, eve.maler@east.sun.com, marc.foodman@sun.com, Daniel.Veillard@w3.org, djweitzner@w3.org, mbierman@adobe.com
On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:24:15AM -0500, AndrewWatt2001@aol.com wrote:
> But when writing anything but the most trivial SVG code we cannot avoid using
> "XPointer" syntax e.g. to access a filter using syntax along the lines of
> "filter:url(#MySpot)" - the so-called "bare bones" XPointer syntax.

  As far as I can tell, if Sun's try to sue you because you use
#name addressing pattern, that's a patent I didn't heard about.

Please reread the context of this problem, it's string search based
XPointers expressions which may infringe the patent ! No need to
spread more FUD on this issue.

Daniel

veillard@redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/