SVG & XPointer - An inconsistency?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 07:32:31 EST
To: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org, www-svg@w3.org, SVG-Developers@egroups.com, XLink@egroups.com
CC: Jferraio@adobe.com, Steven_DeRose@brown.edu
It seems to me that there is an inconsistency between the current SVG CR and
the current XPointer WD.

The XPointer WD makes no mention, as far as I can find, of "image/svg+xml" as
an Internet media type to which XPointer applies.

However, the SVG CR in several places assumes that SVG implements (parts of)
XPointer.

The solution to this seeming inconsistency may be as simple as adding a
mention of the Internet media type "image/svg+xml" to the XPointer
specification.

Andrew Watt