RE: Does the SVG CR require a conforming viewer to provide scroll bars?

In addition to which, it is common in many hypermedia documents to
"automatically" scroll the document when a link is traversed, such that the
target (element) is in view. This can provide a reasonable alternative to
window scrolling mechanisms.

In further addition, script could easily provide scrolling by supporting
"click to recenter" functionality as is common on many mapping
applets/widgets.

And finally, it may even be possible (ask Jon or others, as my knowledge of
SVG is insufficient), to effect scrolling using animation.

IMHO, Scrolling events should be a function of the shift in view, and not
(necessarily) user actions at the viewer application level.

Patrick