Re: svg degrades to gif/jpg

Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru> wrote:

> It's a pity that correct (according to [4]) mimetype for SVG is not listed in
> HTML4 specification. (I was making my assumption basing on HTML4
> specification)
> Obviously, SVG was somewhat ignored in this W3C recommendation:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224

Simply because SVG did not exist at all when HTML 4.0 became
a Recommendation in December 1997, and it was still in its early
stage of development when HTML 4.01 became a Recommendation in
December 1999.

>  [MIMETYPES]
> List of registered content types (MIME types). Download a list of registered
> content types from ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/.
> ~ ~ ~
>
> Now I just wonder how many web masters in fact downloaded [MIMETYPES] from
> the URL above, and wether latest changes you have menetioned were reflected
> in that document.

The list was last updated on 16 October 2001, and 'image/svg+xml' will
be added as soon as it's officially registered.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium