OT: Please use better mail subjects

From: Christian Wolfgang Hujer <Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:04:06 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Dear list members,

please, please, use proper subjects for your E-Mails.

Subjects like "Re:" or "Re: your mail" are usually subjects of spam (or even
worms). The only reason I didn't delete but read these two replies was, that
I remembered that the mail, who caused the faulty subjects (subject:
"[www-svg] <none>") addressed Dean and Jon by their names. Otherwise (when I
would have deleted these messages) I would have missed the replies.

It's hard enough at all for us to differ between spam mails and list mails.
Many of us joined several W3C lists and probably even several other lists
like Apache lists. Many of us receive approx. 50 or even 100 messages a day,
several of them are spam. Not seldomly spam comes through lists, too, so
often taking a look at the sender doesn't help much. We shouldn't make
(E-Mail) life harder than it already is.

I know this only happened by accident (no appologies neccessary by anyone)
and that everyone (not excluding myself) could someday forget to set the
mail subject. I just want to remind us all to watch our mail subjects a bit
more. They are so important, especially on lists where we often don't know
the senders.

Thanks, happy SVGing, merry X-mas and a happy new year

Christian Hujer