Re: ****See almost all the correction of SVG PR from CR......importaint read *****

Robert,
Thanks for going through this wonderful exercise.

When I went through your color-coded HTML files, fortunately I did not see
anything which surprised me. (That's a relief.) Of the greenyellow text
that I saw, I believe there are four main categories into which to put the
changes from CR to PR:

1) General editorial, such as fixing typographical errors

2) Editorial specification cleanup in response to implementation and
developer feedback. One of the reasons why the W3C added the CR phase was
to ensure that specifications were indeed implementable. SVG 1.0 now has
considerable implementation experience. During the CR phase, we found many
descriptions which were either somewhat ambiguous or incomplete, and the PR
contains less ambiguous and more complete descriptions of certain language
features. Some of this cleanup was in response to comments posed on
www-svg@w3.org, such as the description of the Units section of the
Coordinates chapter.

3) A small number of minor language fixes in response to implementation
feedback. The main area for the minor fixes were in the SVG DOM, where
implementers pointed out inconsistencies between the SVG language and the
SVG DOM. There were a small number of minor language changes after
implementers pointed out problems, such as the addition of property
'color-interpolation-filters' and the addition of attribute
'kernelUnitLength' to the lighting effects.

4) Updating the SVG specification to maintain consistent wording with other
W3C specs which were changing at the same time. For example, XLink, XSL,
SMIL Animation and components of CSS3 all changed in minor ways in the past
several months, so the SVG specification needed to be updated to
incorporate consistency with those things which SVG uses from these other
specifications. For example, you'll notice lots of changes in the SVG PR
about anything having to do with XLink.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG 1.0 Editor
jferraio@adobe.com