Re: RE: Subject: RE: Lack of Forms Constructs in SVG

Hello
I would like to comment on some of the points you make:

[DJW] < need to understand how mixed namespaces will work better,

[RAD] David i do not think it is a matter of what works better,

[DJW]<but anything that is going to work for ordinary content
<authors needs to appear to be a single language.

[RAD] I think it would be great if one language did it all. If SVG does everything
you want but forms...Maybe  Xforms will be the only other namespace you
will need to make pages.
I agree that it would be nice to have forms in
the SVG 1.0 .But , remember that It can be updated in the future.
XForm is coming so the community does have a standard that people
can look to and improve.

[DJW]They (web developer] probably cope with namespace labels, treating them
as just part of the arcanity forming a composite
"tag" (really element) name, but what they really want
is not SVG, or even HTML, but a single commercial web
page authoring language.

[RAD} David, "a single commercial web page authoring language"
would be great!!!! But, I believe that a languages like JAVA would be
a single commercial web page authoring language that can do a lot
more than SVG with Forms add. I Believe that GUI applications will be
used to construct web pages for the average Developer and that will
protect them from namespace problem (name space can be automated)

SVG looks very close to such
a language for all except forms!
If W3C doesn't write a specification for such a language,
a lot of the popular web designers will, effectively,
try to do so.

(A quick look at the early XForms material suggests
that it is most appropriate for intranet, data intensive
applications, whereas heavily graphical pages are likely to
have just a search box, or user name and password fields on
them.  I'd expect such pages to use animation for many
pulldown lists.
It appears to be presentation independent, which means you
need something else to describe the apperance of the controls.)
--

David I think your right about Having a bunch a namespaces to worry
about is a problem. I think It would be nice to have forms in SVG

Robert A.DiBlasi

Robert DiBlasi
312-915-8680
rdiblas@luc.edu

>>> Dave  J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk> 10/20 2:06 PM >>>
> From:	Robert Diblasi [SMTP:Rdiblas@wpo.it.luc.edu]
>
> A  WWW3  technology called XForms may be th enswer to the problem the
> David ask:
> >however, the one commonly used feature of HTML that seems to be missing
> is forms.
>
> XForms states on the activities page:  http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/
	[DJW:]
	[DJW:]
	I need to understand how mixed namespaces will work better,
	but anything that is going to work for ordinary content
	authors needs to appear to be a single language.  They
	can probably cope with namespace labels, treating them
	as just part of the arcanity forming a composite
	"tag" (really element) name, but what they really want
	is not SVG, or even HTML, but a single commercial web
	page authoring language.  SVG looks very close to such