need workaround for Adobe plugin "window.open" problem on netscape

From: Dave Apman <dave.apman@boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:21:18 -0700
I have written the svg (and javascript) that can be viewed and interacted with
in a browser using the Adobe svg plugin.  The svg file displays a schematic
(boxes connected with arrows), and when the user clicks on a box, the javascript
event handler issues a call to "window.open" to pop open a new window to display
some html data.  This all works great under Internet Explorer 5, but under Netscape 4.75,
the new window never appears.  If I change the javascript to pop up a blank window,
(by passing "" as the url in the open.window call) It works fine.

Has anyone been able to pop open a new window from an svg event handler under Netscape?
This seems like a mandatory feature to me.

I have a simple example demonstrating the problem if someone is willing to take a look at it.

Thanks for reading!