Gradient Stop Inheritance

From: Michael Schmidt <mschmidt@jasc.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 12:28:20 -0500
To: "'www-svg@w3.org'" <www-svg@w3.org>

I have a question about gradient stop inheritance.  According to the spec a
gradient stop can inherit stop-opacity and stop-color.  My question is, what
does the stop inherit from?  The spec doesn't show a style attribute for
LinearGradient or RadialGradient which means that they cannot contain
stop-opacity or stop-color.  Therefore, I am assuming that the stop should
inherit from the defs or container element that contains the gradient
definition.  Or is it possible that they should inherit from the shape that
uses the gradient, similar to a UserSpaceOnUse type setting?

Thanks,
Mike Schmidt
Jasc Software, Inc.