Re: bezier curves and transforms

From: Apu Nahasapeemapetilon <petilon@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 06:55:27 -0800 (PST)
To: www-svg@w3.org
Max Froumentin <masmef@maths.bath.ac.uk> wrote:

> > Besides font caching will not work if perspective
> > transforms are in use.
>
> I fail to understand why. Can you elaborate?

In the case of affine transforms you only have to
rasterize a font once. In the case of perspective
transforms, for the same transformation matrix, you
can have different size glyphs. Take the example of
scrolling text  la Star Wars. Even though only one
matrix is in use, and the same font and font-size,
you have glyphs of different sizes depending on
distance.