Re: Text alignment, rotation, etc

Curt,
The Adobe SVG plugin release 4 (the one that is available today) does not
yet support 'text-anchor'. Also, 'glyph-anchor' has been renamed in the
latest spec to 'baseline-identifier' (with a couple of minor changes along
the way), and this property also is not supported in the current plugin.
The next release of the plugin will include many text enhancements
(hopefully 'text-anchor'), but the various baseline management features are
likely to be implemented later rather than sooner.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
Adobe Systems Incorporated

At 02:47 PM 3/8/00 -0700, Arnold, Curt wrote:
>I've been trying to build up a X-Y plot in SVG using XSLT and I have had
>frustration in being able to center align text, right align text and to
>rotate text 90 degrees.  I don't know if I'm misinterpreting the spec
>or if the Adobe plug-in hasn't implemented these yet.
>
><!-- an attempt to position a label below and centered on 90,366  -->
><text x="90" y="366 " style="text-anchor:middle;
glyph-anchor:topline;">300</text>

><!-- an attempt to position a label even and to the right of 64,355  -->
><text y="355" x="64" style="text-anchor:end;
glyph-anchor:centerline;">0.000</text>

><!-- an attempt to label the y-axis with vertically oriented text  -->
><text x="60" y="200" style="text-anchor:middle;
glyph-orientation-horizontal:90;">Liquid Viscosity</text>