Re: visible attribute

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 01:18:11 +0100
To: "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
CC: "'www-svg@w3.org'" <www-svg@w3.org>, "'svg-comments@w3.org'" <svg-comments@w3.org>

"Arnold, Curt" wrote:

> It should be a fairly common thing for certain layers of a graphic
> to be hidden from display or made visible in response to check box
> events in the containing HTML form.

Yes.

> Currently, the only apparent mechanism to enable or display
> visibility is to manipulated the "display" fragment of the style
> to and from a value of "none".

Its not clear what you mean by "display fragment" but I assume that you
mean to alter the value of the disply property to a value of "none" which
is correct.

> This appears to me to be a little
> too complex and error-prone and it would be useful to have
> an explicit boolean property "visible" with a default value of true
> on the styleable elements.

Since there already is a property called "visible", its not clear how what
you are asking fro is significantly different (or less error prone) than
the present situation.

--
Chris