RE: What is wrong with SVG?

From: Don Park <donpark@docuverse.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 04:26:53 -0800
To: "'Jon Ferraiolo'" <jferraio@Adobe.COM>
Cc: <xml-dev@xml.org>, <www-svg@w3.org>, "'Arnold, Curt'" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
>As I remember, we decided against a syntax with coordinates as
>character data because we wanted character data only for things
>that were textual in nature (such as <text> elements).

Now this is interesting.  Do you recall WHY the WG wanted to use
character data only for things that were textual in nature?  I
am not being critical here.  I just sense a gem of wisdom I do
not yet have.  I am intrigued.

>These comments have been made in the desire to be candid and
>truthful about what is likely to happen. Would you prefer instead
>that I set up expectations incorrectly, or perhaps that the
>comments were left unanswered?

No.  I am not placing the blame on you.  I am disappointed with
the likely turn of events you are predicting.  Your responses are
appreciated still.

>I do not recall any feedback comments to the first last call about
>the 'path' element.

I accept my share of the blame.  Like everyone else, I was (and am)
under an endless avalanche of specs to read.

Best,

Don Park    -   mailto:donpark@docuverse.com
Docuverse   -   http://www.docuverse.com