  From: Dave J Woolley
  To: 'www-svg@w3.org'
  Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 2:16 PM
  Subject: RE: AdobeSVGV: default LowQuality trick

  > From: Victor Sinceac [SMTP:vsinceac@webraska.com]
  >
  > For interested persons: There is the way to enable LowQuality rendering
  > (without antialiasing) by default, when rendering a svg file embeded in
  > html, with AdobeSVGV :

  [DJW:]  Is it possible to do this with valid HTML.  The HTML
  sample (even assuming an HTML 4.01 DOCTYPE) contains multiple
  syntax errors and at least one undefined element, EMBED.
  >   _____
  >
  > <HTML>
  > <BODY onload="DefaultQuality();">
  > <EMBED WIDTH="640" HEIGHT="480" SRC="xxx.svg" NAME="xxx"/>
  > </BODY>
  > </HTML>
  > <script language="JavaScript">
  > function DefaultQuality()
  > {
  > document.xxx.setDefaultAntialias(0);
  > }
  > </script>
  >   _____
  >
  >   [DJW:]  Other errors include, +language=, -type= on the script
  element; elements after </HTML>; by inference from valid element,
  NAME should be ID.
  [DJW:]  The capitalisation is incompatible with XHMTL, but I
  seem to remember that XHTML should have a space before />;
  XHTML would also have needed a marked section for the script.