Re: Database Publishing with SVG?

From: Alec Wearing <webmaster@crockenhill.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:15:05 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Bernd Grolig wrote:

> I guess you have to set the content type to 'image/svg-xml'.
>
> I'm doing the same with Java Servlets. The browser only renders the
> SVG-Code, if the outputstream of the servlet is set to image/svg-xml.
> You have to make an entry to the servers mime type settings
> (image/svg-xml, *.svg).

If, as Jochen described, the svg code is being generated from an ASP
script, then it should surely not involve making any changes to the
server's mime settings.  All that is necessary is that the content-type
is set as image/svg-xml in the line in the script that specifies the
header information.

I have done successfully this with a Perl script accessing data from the
MySQL database system.  The line of code in Perl reads:
print "Content-type: image/svg-xml\n\n";

I think Jochen just needs to find out the equivalent line of code for
ASP.

Alec Wearing