Re: Retrieving children of second <svg> element...

Max,
Such a file isn't legal XML. At least it won't validate, and if it won't
validate against the SVG DTD, then it isn't a legal SVG file.

Only one occurrence of a particular ID is allowed per XML document. The
obvious implication of this is that anyone merging to XML files into a
single XML file will have to find a way to reconcile ID conflicts between
the two original files, such as changing the names of some of the IDs. For
better or worse, that is how XML works.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
Adobe Systems Incorporated