Re: Filter Effects

Jim,
Zooming in on filter effects is in indeed a bit of implementation
complexity. You need to have some logic to restrict application of the
filter effect to as small of a region as possible, but taking into account
the fact that you can't just simply clip offscreen image buffers since the
displayed pixels might be affected by pixels off of the display area (as
you point out below). Additionally, you might want to have some logic that
checks the size of the offscreen irasters, and if too big, chooses a
smaller resolution for displaying the zoomed filter effect.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
Adobe Systems Incorporated