Re: dom and svg

From: Jon Ferraiolo <jferraio@Adobe.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:47:57 -0800
To: Andrew Wooldridge <andreww@netscape.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Andrew,
I think you are looking at examples which utilize a DOM API which existed
(probably still exists for the time being) in the Adobe plugin before the
SVG DOM started taking shape.

The SVG spec now has has a more direct way of finding the document object.
The latest public draft describes this in:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-SVG-19991203/struct.html#GetSVGDocumentMethod

There is likely to be a minor bit of repackaging in this area, but the
above URL will certainly give you the general idea.

According to the the notes on the Adobe web site, the plugin supports the
getSVGDocument() method call on the <embed> tag. This is likely to be close
to what the spec will call for ultimately.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
Adobe Systems Incorporated