Underline and stroke problem

From: Thierry Kormann <Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:49:13 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
cc: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr
Hi,

I would like to know how text must be rendered with the stroke
and the underline attributes fixed ? You can have a look
at the attachment and you will see the problem. Each line
segment is rendered using the stroke and the foreground color
of the text block (tspan...). The result is not very nice.

Of course, a solution could be to draw a single horizontal line
for each text block but the problem will be the same if I would
like to use stroke and underline on a textpath element.

Any comments ?
Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann