[Fwd: [Moderator Action] Re: application area for SVG]

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 01:46:45 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
[ People may have noticed a marked reduction in spam. Downside is, there is
a delay in posinggs from non-subscribers (especially when I am off at XML
2000 ;-) ]

--
Chris

attached mail follows:

Lambert Schomaker wrote:

> Dear SVG postmaster,
>
>   I would like to get into contact with someone in the area of
> SVG who is interested in using handwriting as a test application
> for the svg format. We have large amount of 2D vectorial data and
> together with many companies we are trying to develop a standard
> for electronic ink.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> prof. dr. Lambert Schomaker
> Chairmain of the iUF
> http://unipen.org
> schomaker@computer.org

rephrasing:

  together with R&D groups in IBM, Motorola and other big names,
we are exploring the use of SVG in on-line pen applications
(doesn't this sound interesting?)
--
Lambert