Re: Printing

From: <AWCoats@URBANSCIENCE.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:35:47 -0400
To: www-svg@w3.org
I received this response from Adobe when I submitted feedback to Adobe.

The current version of the SVG viewer rasterizes the image at printer
resolution
and sends this to the printer. This unfortunately often results in large
printer
spool files. We hope to support PostScript printing in a future release of
the
Viewer, but there are many SVG features which are not supported by
PostScript
(filter effects, transparency, unioned clip-paths, spread methods on
gradients,
etc.).

Thanks for your interest in SVG,
Irv