Re: Need clarifications about text

Chris,

At 03:35 PM 4/25/00 +0200, Chris Lilley wrote:
>...snip...
>However, I would check what happens with text-decoration: underline. IIRC
>the underline is not inherited and would thus have the horizontal gradient.

The CSS2 spec says that any decorations should be colored using the 'color'
property value. And even though the decoration property value is not
inherited (in terms of actual property values), it behaves to a large
degree as if it were inherited in that all descendants without a specified
value are decorated.

Wouldn't you agree that the parallel construction with SVG would be to say
that the decoration is painted using the same fill and stroke properties as
the corresponding text?

Jon