Re: SVG MIME types

> Hi All

I was haven't this same problem in that couldn't get files
on a server to work with the file being embeded. I solved this
problem by adding the mime type into the directory where the
html page with the embeded svg file was. Here is the info that
was sent to me by Pair Network.

Web Server Configuration Tricks

   *    The Apache web server allows for great flexibility as to the configuration of your account --
   *    allowing you to setup your own MIME types, custom error pages, and much more, through
   *    the use of .htaccess files. .htaccess is a special file you can populate with directives that
   *    tell Apache how to control certain aspects of your account. Placed in your main web directory
   *    (full path: /usr/www/users/username), it controls your entire site. You can also place them in
   *    subdirectories, in which case the file will control only files under that subdirectory. The
   *    .htaccess file can be created on the server while logged in via telnet, or created locally and
   *    uploaded in ASCII mode via FTP -- whichever you prefer.
   *
   *    Below are some common tricks used to improve customer web sites:
   * Adding MIME Types
   *
   *    Multimedia files such as Macromedia's Flash may require special "MIME Types" in order to
   *    work properly. In simple terms, MIME types help the server inform the browser what type of
   *    content is being received, so it can load the appropriate plug-ins and such. While we try to
   *    keep the server's preconfigured for all popular MIME Types, Apache's "AddType" directive
   *    offers you the ability to immediately add any to your account that you might need.
   *
   *    For instance, the MIME type for Flash is "application/x-shockwave-flash", and the file
   *    extension Flash files use is .swf. To add this MIME type to your account, the directive would
   *    be:
   *
   *         AddType application/x-shockwave-flash swf
   *
   *    NOTE: The Flash MIME type is actually preconfigured for your use -- it is included here for
   *    example purposes only.

That the adobe plugin doesn't adher to the WCW mime type of image/svg-xml
use this line in the .htaccess file    AddType image/svg svg

Hope that this helps, here is a test side where  I have put a borrowed svg image
into  a  html page http://www.kreativwerkstatt.at/svgtest.html
Click on the link there.

steve