Clarification on filter inheritance

From: Russ Shotts <rshotts@jasc.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:24:37 -0500
To: "'www-svg@w3.org'" <www-svg@w3.org>

Section 15.1 states that

When applied to grouping elements such as 'g', the 'filter' property applies
to the contents of the group as a whole.

Section 15.4 states that the allowed values include  a uri, 'none' (the
default), and 'inherit'.  It also states that the filter property is not
inherited.

Given the defined behavior, I would not expect 'inherit' to be a valid
value.  If it is valid, I would like to know the expected behavior

Russ Shotts
Senior Software Engineer
Jasc Software, Inc