Re: urgent question

Sebastian Hagen wrote:

> I am searching for a svg-viewer, which is capable of displaying animations.
> Is there a viewer, wich can do that,  somewhere on the web, that you know
> of. I would be very thankful if you
> can help me out.

So far there hasn't been a viewer released to the public which can do
either DOM animation (in JavaScript or Java) or which can do
declarative, SYMM animation.

Both of these pretty much require an XML DOM[1], and most of the viewers
are using an XML parser which does provide a W3C-compliant DOM 1
implementation, so the foundations are there - it is just a case of
adding it.

The CSIRO viewer comes with source, and the new version has moved to the
IBM XML4J parser which includes a W3C-compliant DOM 1 implementation so,
if you feel inspired, you could look at adding this functionality and
contributing it back to this project.

--
Chris

[1] In the first case, it is required so the document author can program
the animation; in the second case, it is clearly the easiest way for the
viewer author to implement the declarative animation support.