Re: CSIRO SVG Viewer 0.8 (basic colors and linking)

From: Christophe Jolif <jolif@ilog.fr>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:11:50 +0100
To: Jan Aarsaether <jaa@metis.no>
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Jan Aarsaether wrote:

> Ross Ackland wrote:
>
> > KAMTHAN pankaj wrote:
> > > 1. It seems the 16 basic SVG colours are not supported by their
> > > names (black, gray, etc.).
> >
> > Colors defined by names should be fine, red, navy, blue, black
> > etc...
>
> Where can I find a complete list of the (16?) basic colors in SVG?

These colors come from CSS where they are described as beeing defined in
HTML4.0...

from http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/syndata.html#value-def-color

<<
The list of keyword color names is: aqua, black, blue, fuchsia, gray,
green, lime, maroon, navy, olive, purple, red, silver, teal, white, and
yellow. These 16 colors are defined in HTML 4.0 ([HTML40]). In addition
to these color keywords, users may specify keywords that
correspond to the colors used by certain objects in the user's
environment. Please consult the section on system colors for more
information.

  BODY {color: black; background: white }
  H1 { color: maroon }
  H2 { color: olive }