Re: Quadrant change???

From: Rodney Lai <rlai@irismedia.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:35:43 -0800
To: Apu Nahasapeemapetilon <petilon@yahoo.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Well, in my opinion neither is a very elegant solution.

At 02:31 PM 11/12/99 -0800, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon wrote:
>> BUT this also flips all my bitmaps and text so that
>> they are upside down. I just want the position
>> changed.
>
>This is a common problem, and the spec already has
>everything you need to solve this problem.
>
>There are two easy solutions to this problem:
>
>1. You can flip the bitmaps and text by using
>   'transform' tags to make them upright once again.
Doing a double transformation seems a little messy.  And
is going to make my SVG file HUGE.  Not really good if
I want to transmit the SVG file over a low bandwidth
connection.

>2. Don't use 'transform' tags at all. Instead, in
>   your program, pass all your coordinates through
>   the transformation matrix while creating the SVG
>   file.
Well, the coordinates as they are have an instrict value
for the data in the SVG file.  Transforming the
coordinates would lose that meaning.