Re: <image xlink:href="foo.svg"/>

From: <klawrenc@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:34:42 -0600
To: Jan Aarsaether <jaa@metis.no>
cc: www-svg@w3.org

Jan, you wrote:

>This line is simple ignored (as far as rendering is concerned) both in
>the IBM (v0.3) and CSIRO (0.6) svg-viewers. Has the specs been changed
>with respect to <image> and svg-files? Or does anybody know of a tool
>that can handle this case? Or maybe somebody has gotten the above
>mentioned viewer to work with .svg files? Does anybody have any
>experience with this funcionality they could share?

Yes, we did not yet add this support to the IBM SVGView tool. I am out at a
conference this week but I'll take a look at adding this in an upcoming
release. Thanks for the e-mail as it helps to know what people aree trying
to use when prioritising features to add etc.

Kelvin

Kelvin Lawrence
IBM Emerging Technologies Team