SVG font essay

From: Raph Levien <raph@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 18:55:10 -0700
To: www-svg@w3.org
I have written a short essay on SVG font issues. It is available at:

   http://www.levien.com/svg/shame.html

I believe this essay to be moderately well researched, but I have been
known to be wrong before, so any comments are highly welcome.

Incidentally, the Gnome SVG implementation is moving ahead quite
nicely. The latest version supports path elements with partial
opacity, as well as all the line join and cap styles. In addition,
there is a converter from Adobe Illustrator to SVG format; this may be
of interest to others. Updated information, as always, is at:

   http://www.levien.com/svg/

Raph