Re: beveling

From: <MWhisman@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:58:58 EST
To: www-svg@w3.org
Yes, please offer beveling and auto inversion of beveling. To me, this is a
logical extension of the CSS styles groove, ridge, inset, and outset, and
supports the 3D effects now common on both Windows and Macintosh user
interfaces. Besides which, it just looks neat. :-)

Yes, I'd prefer that bevels be done as vectors rather than bitmapped
(rasterized) patterns, to save on file size. Bevels could be single-color
fills, gradient, or radial fills, to support various effects (softness of
shadow, etc.).