Re: Arabic on Web

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:00:09 +0100
To: srpkole@EUnet.yu
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Srpko Lestaric wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please tell me will this give me a chance to upload some text in Arabic
> enabling others read it without special browsers?

Well, you can do that now - just type in the text into an HTML or XML
document and apply a stylesheet to it.

I can display Arabic, and I am using US-Windows NT.

On the other hand if you have some Arabic written in a particular
caligraphic hand that you want to display, SVG will be able to store
that (and will also allow a non-displayed text string to be inserted,
containig the arabic as text, so that search engines can find the SVG
graphic).

--
Chris