We've developed bmp2SVG converter.

From: Koichi Mori <kom@is.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:14:40 +0900
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hello, my name is Koichi Mori, a graduate student at University of
Tsukuba, Japan.

I and our research group have developed Raster-Vecor converter for
SVG named "fds for SVG", which converts an 8bit depth bitmap file
into a SVG file.
Now, it is free and available on our web site at,

http://www.padc.mmpc.is.tsukuba.ac.jp/member/morik/fdssvg/

Please try it, and I hope this tool will be listed at "What's new"
on your web site.

Sincerely yours

--
Koichi Mori - mailto:kom@is.tsukuba.ac.jp