Re: svg spec question:

Andrew Wooldridge wrote:

> I have a somewhat obscure question for the SVG spec folks.
> One of the things I foresee happening  with the SVG format is it could
> be used as a sort of "master document" where you might store all the
> graphics, animation, demo info, toolbars, widgets, etc for a interactive
> project. It would be really nice if there were "hooks" into SVG that
> could give "hints" to other apps that were converting from SVG to say
> PDF or Flash, or my wish - HTML.

This is why we are developing SVG as an XML namespace, as well as a
stand-alone file format.

For example you could have one XML document which contained SVG, XUL,
XHTML, and a bunch of other namespaces.

You could even make up a dinky little mini-database dump format, with
<record> elements, each of which contained an <svg> element and some
other stuff (like links to audio, documentation in XHTML, etc)

--
Chris