[No Subject] (fwd)

Once upon a time Josh Paluch shaped the electrons to say...
>I notice that in IE4 stylesheets don't trump <font> and <basefont>... is
>this by design?  (at least on windows)
>
>Of coarse, Netscape4 does just the oppisite (ie, if the same element is
>defined by both CSS and <font>, then CSS wins, even if <font> is closer

In this case I like the NS method better.

It allows an author to use the old hacks for a while and still move up to
CSS for newer users.

If FONT is going to win they either won't use CSS or they have to accept
a poorer presentation in 3.x and lesser browsers to use it.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588