Re: From CSS to DSSSL

Perhaps easy for you, but you (and Paul) are software experts, for
whom programming languages, and paradigms such as those employed
in DSSSL, are quite natural.  This is not the case for the average
desktop publisher/Web author.  CSS, on the other hand, is very
understandable to non-programmers. This ease of use is one purpose
behind CSS -- and is what will most likely make it popular with the
same individuals who now author HTML.

DSSSL is far more powerful than CSS, but is simply too powerful
(and complicated) for the majority of people creating Web pages.

Ian