Re: Dynamic imagemaps

On Mar 7,  1:57pm, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> Or to look at things another way, as long as vector graphics are in fact
> composed of discrete objects, can we not attach URLs to the individual
> objects within the image? Would that not be best?

Yes, it would. There is a logical progression of semantic content:

1) User selected x=345 y=174
2) User selected this spline curve
3) User selected part of this group of graphical objects
4) User selected the manifold coolant release valve

At each stage, one can do more with the resulting information.

Since CGM was mentioned earlier, level 4 CGM includes application
structures which were designed to hold precisely this sort of
information, plus URLs, links to other pictures in the same file,
and so on.

To drag the topic back towards relevance for one of the lists ;-) it
would also be possible using undefined bundle tables in the CGM for a
style sheet to influence the color of objects in a CGM embedded in an
HTML page using CSS.