Re: Dynamic imagemaps

At 12:11 PM -0800 3/6/97, David Perrell wrote:
> As CSS, JSSS, Dynamic HTML, and vector graphics come into use, the
> current pixel-based imagemap spec will be inadequate. Imagemap
> coordinates should be spec'able in percentage values, where percentage
> refers to the dimensions of the image to which the map is applied. A
> map specified with percentage values would still be valid no matter how
> the image size is spec'ed or dynamically changed.

I'd just like to second this excellent point. Even without dynamic HTML,
percentage values in imagemaps would encourage more flexible designs. We'd
also like to see percentage values formally standardized for IMG and
Cougar's equivalent of TD/TH elements, as these are widely implemented
already in 3.2-conformant browsers.

Todd Fahrner
mailto:fahrner@pobox.com
http://www.verso.com/