any ideas for slashed zero's

I am an amateur radio operator and the more pages I put up about
amateur radio the more I would like to put the slashes in the zero's
amateurs commonly use.  However most fonts on the PC don't include a
slash, not to mention that would limit me to a particular font.  I have
thought about using CSS to backup and place the slash over the zero,
not sure that is a great idea though.  I was wondering if any future
font specification was going to address this.  Then maybe I could use
something like &szero; in HTML, a browser that can't choose between the
zero's just places a "0" there while others go and get the one with a
slash.  Slashes are commonly used and needed due to the difficulty of
detecting the zero among other alphabetic characters, such as in my
call sign in the signature of this message.

I also kinda wonder what happened to the FONT stuff we all heard so
much about a year ago.

Please readdress replies to the proper of the two lists, or e-mail me
only if its not proper in either list.  I don't care to be personally
double mailed.

-|- Carl Morris (N0YUV)  -|-  1:285/302  -|-  msftrncs@htcnet.com -|-
-|- Hooper Connections BBS -|- 1-(402)-654-2102 -|- 28.8kbps V.34 -|-
-|- http://199.120.83.179/~moreese/  -|-  telnet://199.120.83.179 -|-
-|- Internet addresses valid from 4pm to midnight CST (UTC -0600) -|-