Re: Style Sheets are in NS Commmunicator 4.0

At 6:06 PM -0500 2/23/97, Jonathan L Neuenschwander wrote:
> Netscape has put up the new beta of Communicator over the weekend, and
>CSS1
> support is in there!  That's the good news, the bad news is that it didn't
> fare very well with the pages I tried it on.  But then, most of those
>were on
> Microsoft's site. :-)

It doesn't fare well on W3C pages, either. Or on my own experimental pages.
But I'm very, very encouraged to see that there's at least a start. It can
only get better.

Have you noticed that CSS font directives are applied only if the user
authorizes (TrueDoc) font downloading? That's an interesting move....

> I haven't found any examples of JavaScript Style Sheets yet.

Ah, but you've gotten JavaScript errors with CSS docs, right? Does that
mean the same code parses both CSS and JS?

Todd Fahrner
mailto:fahrner@pobox.com
http://www.verso.com