CSS Links and indirection

According to the CSS specification, an HTML document can add style
information in at least three manners. Style can be linked, imbedded and
imported.

Now my question: Can a CSS document also have a link to another CSS
document? It wasn't clear to me that this was allowed. If it is not allowed,
was it an oversight or was it specifically excluded?

Thanks in advance.

Greg Kostello                              kostello@digitalstyle.com
DigitalStyle Corporation                   http://www.digitalstyle.com/
10875 Rancho Bernardo Road, Suite 110             voice: (619) 618-2222
San Diego, CA 92127                                 fax: (619) 673-5054