Re: Positioning HTML Elements with Cascading Style Sheets

Chris Lilley wrote:
> OK, that one is a style change. The others are structure or semantics
> changes. Which doesn't mean they aren't desirable things to do, just
> that they aren't the job of a style sheet.

How do you figure that automatic generation of a table of contents, index,
or index of figures at an author chosen location changes the semantics of
the document? Does automatic generation of list bullets change the semantics?
How about the text for references? In my mind, anything that is non-creative
and can be done completely by the computer *should be*. And at the last
possible point. Why ship a TOC or list bullet over the web when it can be
generated automatically?

 Paul Prescod