I'd like to be able to specify <br> within CSS1.

I think it could be done as

br { width: remaining }

(A few other properties would have to be added as well, I think.)

`remaining' would simply mean that it would take up all of the space left
in the line, but no more.

We could alternatively define `remaining' to take a factor, such that
`1remaining' would be adaquate for <br>, and `.5remaining' could be used
to eat half the space remaining on the line.  However, I can't think of
why this would be useful.

nemo
                                                 http://www.cyclic.com/~nemo
<nemo@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us>                    <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
"...For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  -- Mathew 9:13