RE: CSS logo proposal -Reply

A friend of mine has a poster that says "the strongest
human emotion is not love or hate; it's the desire to
change someone's copy" with the word "change" scratched
out and a scratched-out synonym for "change" is written
below, followed by another synonym, etc. for the length
of the page.

Now, I would imagine this mailing list has a lot of designers
on it, and I've never heard of two designers having the same
idea (except in cases of plagerism, or when the design is
"just in the air" which usually means the plagerism is popular
but few know who originally did it.) I can't imagine a
designer looking at another's idea and not wanting to change
it a little.

But I can imagine the Quest_for_the_Perfect_CSS_Logo stretching
on to infinity, supported by legions of designers, some not
even born yet. It looks like bad science fiction so far: in
the year 4096, Jor Ka-el asks that the deadline be stretched
out just once more, because s/he (we're not sure anymore)
has come up with the perfect hologram of a cascading style
sheet logo that sings and dances and even smells just right.

Flickercladding not included.

So, I think we should either decide on one logo soon (as in
before the upcoming year), or just make it an annual thing
to decide on a new logo for the upcoming year.

Charles Taylor
My words are my own and not my employer's.