Re: Extended URL for frames

| From: Daniel W. Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
| To: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
| Cc: www-html@w3.org; www-style@w3.org
| Subject: Re: Extended URL for frames
| Date: Sunday, September 15, 1996 10:43 AM
|
| I suspect that the syntax will have to avoid using more than one #
| in order to really work.

I would then suspect that the fragment character would be out of the
question... another character would have to be used because state of
frames is not a fragment to old browsers, which brings up a point of
compatibility... non frames browsers don't have any use for anypart of
the url as it doesn't send them to any specific url other than the
frameset one, which is probably sufficient, but not completely what I
would want...

my senerio...

I have framed page at hello.com/index.html (non framed content in
NOFRAMES)
I have an option to go to my products page at
hello.com/products/index.html, I might use
hello.com/index.html##[][][products/index.html##[][nwsamd.html]][] to
point to the litature for out nwsamd product...  but this url won't be
any good for getting a non framed browser directly to the nwsamd.html
file... That is what I see as the biggest problem...