[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: strength of extra-CSS style imperatives

>These should be depreciated. An idea would be that in Cougar, the EM,
>STRONG, CODE etc. tags be given 1-letter names while B I S U etc be given
>longer names to encourage useability and readability of the former.

Good grief. HTML has enough prsentational markup already without
*encouraging* it's use, and discouraging the use of structural markup.

What on earth does <BOLD> mean to a blind user? What does <EMPH> mean?

This proposal shows a very clear *misunderstanding* of the funamaental
justification for CSS... or any stylesheet for that matter.

Sigh.

Follow-Ups: References: