strength of extra-CSS style imperatives

In a CSS UA, what weight should be given to non-CSS style demands and can
those style requests be incorporated into the CSS style weighting system?

I know of at least 2 classes of non-CSS style demands:
1) pre-CSS HTML style tags like <B> and <FONT>
2) JavaScript (and probably other scripts) document attributes
    fgColor
    bgColor
    linkColor
    alinkColor
    vlinkColor

So my question is: when CSS is present in a document with these
non-CSS style directives, how should we treat the non-CSS stuff?

Maybe the non-CSS style directives could be turned into CSS rules
internally, given some low weight, and allowed to fight it out in the
CSS cascade.  This would mean that if no CSS rule contradicted
them, they would still apply.

Neil
ngalarneau@powersoft.com