RE: Problem with float left and drop caps

Wouldn't adding "clear: left" to the first-letter would look like this:
----- he first line
  |   he second line

-----

Adding "clear: left" to the containing P seems awkward...
Besides, I don't think "knowing your content" should be
required in this case. What we want to get clear of is
floating objects on the same level as the "anfanger" letter.
Maybe we should consider additional values for the
"clear" and/or "float" properties?

/Jonas