Re: line spacing in MSIE...NOT!

| From: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
| To: www-style@w3.org
| Subject: line spacing in MSIE...NOT!
| Date: Thursday, August 01, 1996 6:13 PM
|
| With line height set to 100%, MSIE displays 40px Comic Sans as
| 40/56px. It displays 40px Verdana at 40/49px. Similar discrepancies
| appear when point values are used.

Thats because the 100% should actually come from the parent, but I let
the CSS1 authors correct both of us...  I don't think there is anyway
you should expect a percentage to work there...  If you don't like
TrueTypes ability to have different font spacing then thats another
problem... a 72pt font has characters that are an inch tall (the
tallest) but that doesn't effect the tails of letters or the line
spacing...  It only gaurantees the height of the tallest character...
(Usually an uppercase character such as M or T...